The name which Benbros gave to Mighty Midget No.47 was Articulated Waggon (with 2 'g's) but in fact it was a dropside lorry and correctly illustrated as such on the box.
The trailer was a one-piece casting except for the first variation which had a separate tailboard and a smooth floor. There was nice detail in the casting of the dropsides but with the tailboard being so small it must have been difficult to assemble. It was painted beige, had unpainted metal wheels and measured about 62mm in length including the Bedford cab which was usually red. The trailer had no identification.
Not surprisingly Benbros soon re-cast the trailer with an integral tailboard and this time gave it a ribbed floor. This variation was coloured pale-blue or dark-red with metal wheels and came with a red, yellow or beige cab.
Later these colours were fitted with black plastic wheels as was a new colour of mid-blue. The axles were flat-head & crimped and the cabs red, beige or blue.
The Articulated Wagon was rather dull and probably not a popular toy because it is quite hard to find. Mint models can fetch a premium.
Benbros No.47 Articulated Wagon
Trailer variations (with usual cab colour)
All models had Mighty Midget boxes
(1) BEIGE smooth floor hinged tailboard umw red cab
(2) PALE-BLUE ribbed floor integral tailboard umw bright red cab
(3) DARK-RED ribbed floor integral tailboard umw yellow or beige cab
(4) PALE-BLUE ribbed floor integral tailboard bpw red or beige cab
(5) MID-BLUE ribbed floor integral tailboard bpw red or beige cab
(6) DARK-RED ribbed floor integral tailboard bpw beige or blue cab
Estimated Price Guide
(MINT models in MINT boxes)
(1) : £100-120+
(2) (3) (4) (5) : £80-100+